Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which marks the official start of the holiday season here in the US. Even though the hustle and bustle of the holidays can get hectic and stressful, I love this time of year. The leaves on the trees are so beautiful, the weather is crisp in the morning and pleasant in the afternoon, and Christmas is right around the corner. 🎄
I am really and truly grateful that as a teacher I get lots of time off work to spend with my kids throughout the year, and this is especially nice for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and ringing in the New Year. I’m planning on embracing the holidays and all of their glorious, chaotic, festive madness, while setting aside some quiet time for reading…preferably on my couch with a cozy fire going in the fireplace.
These are the books I’ve decided upon for my holiday reading list. The first four are children’s books, so my children might enjoy them, too. We are a family that reads. ❤ And yes, the fifth one is teen fiction, but in the spirit of the holidays, does it truly matter? As for the rest of the list, they’re holiday chick lit. Hopefully not too sappy.
- Balloons over Broadway by Melissa Sweet
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Holidays at Hogwarts by Elizabeth Dowsett
- The Christmas Pig by J.K. Rowling
- Let It Snow: Three Holiday Stories by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson
- A Wreath of Snow by Liz Curtis Higgs
- Let It Snow: A Novel by Nancy Thayer
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
- The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox
- This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens
Being the procrastinator that I am, I didn’t plan ahead and request the majority of these books early enough from the public library. For example, sadly I’m currently the 16th library patron in line to get the first book on my list. My children own a copy of The Polar Express, so that will help. We’ll see if I can get a hold of all of these books and read them by New Year’s Day. Wish me luck.
Do you have any books on your to-read list this holiday season? Let me know in the comments.
As always, thanks for stopping by. ❤️