Lately, my students have been asking me about my favorite song, or movie, or whatever; so even though these have nothing to do with mommyhood or moxie, I thought they might make a good topic for today’s post. Here’s my list of favorites:
- book- it’s a tie: The History of Love by Nicole Krauss and Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl (Check out my Goodreads profile for lots more.)
- poem- “When I Read the Book” by Walt Whitman
- band- Pearl Jam
- songs- There are too many! My top 3 would be “Not for You” by Pearl Jam, “The Pretender” by Foo Fighters, and “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett. My current favorites (that come and go) are “Distance” by Christina Perri, “1901” by Phoenix, and “Hey Ho” by The Lumineers
- movies- SO MANY! Again, I’d have to try to narrow it down to my top 3: You’ve Got Mail, Inception, and the Back to the Future trilogy (but that’s partly because my dad and older brother run the steam engine in the 3rd one).
- TV shows- Sex and the City and the British version of Top Gear. I’m a big fan of Project Runway and Mad Men, as well.
- sport-football (to watch) and soccer (to play)
- fun pastime- going on roller coasters!
- hobby- traveling (with photography a close second)
- road trip location- Monterey, CA (my husband and I consider it “our” place)
- type of cuisine- I love, love, LOVE Indian food!
- local restaurants- The Curry House for Indian, Le Parisien for breakfast, The Mad Duck for burgers, Thai House for Thai, Pho 2006 for Vietnamese, Charlotte’s Bakery for panini and baked goodies, Dusty Buns for local eats, and Sendai Sushi for Japanese (Shrimp tempura roll, gyoza, and green tea ice cream…yum!)
- color- purple
- tea- Earl Grey (It’s no coincidence that I also love the aroma of bergamot.)
- ice cream flavor- mint chocolate chip
- trip ever taken- studying abroad in Portugal back in 2004
I’m sure my list could go on and on forever, but for brevity’s sake, I think I’ll stop here. Thanks for reading and feel free to add any of your favorites in a comment below! 🙂